Monday, September 21, 2009

Usually drink, usually dance, usually babble

I've emerged smiling into the new week. This is quite something. I think it's a combination of being illness-free (well, apart from the spot on my face that feels like I'm growing an extra head) and also seeing all and sundry on Saturday night for food/booze/dancing.

My night out, then. Yes. It was an absolute riot, albeit a very polite one. The vast meal we ate (an absolute banquet, with starters, cocktails, mains, desserts, coffees AND service charge for just over £25 a head - a stone-cold bargain for central London) offset the very strong tequila-based drinks, so by the time we got to the dancing we had all sobered up. That didn't last long. Before the night was out, I found myself dancing to The Cult. Now that hasn't happened to me in a while. Or at least, it's never happened to me in the same half hour as dancing to Wearing my Rolex.

To sum up, it was great fun, the group was just the right size, and I feel incredibly lucky to have such a great bunch of friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home