Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Change and decay in all around I see, part 308

Late on Monday afternoon Sister #4 phoned through with the news that Mum's hospital tests had shown up a serious stomach ulcer. Initial suggestions are that it's either an extremely rare type of ulcer that isn't cancerous, or a more regular type of ulcer that is cancerous.

So, not great news, exactly. More tests are pending. I'm not vastly confident that it isn't cancer. I am off to Devon at the weekend and I am fully aware that it's going to be pretty tough.

I've already enjoyed a grim chuckle, which I suppose is good (?). I spoke to Mum on Monday night and she was saying, "the Doctor said he couldn't guarantee that I was going to make it to your wedding" while in the background my sister was shouting, "HE SAID YOU'RE GOING TO BE FINE!" (I know the latter to be true, because my sister had told me this ten minutes earlier).

I think she's got plenty of life in her yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home