Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The reflected sound of everything

Well, it's been a strange week. I am feeling a bit numb. Over the next week my Mum faces a CT scan and a second set of tests. Afterwards, we may know what stage things are at.

I was in Devon at the weekend, trying my best to stay composed and to be useful. In the most part, this was a success. Mum was actually way more lively and looked far better than when I last saw her, ironically: the blood transfusion and the copious amounts of vitamin B12 she has been given have certainly helped in the short-term.

There were, and are still, occasions on which I let the sadness get the better of me, but I figure that is allowed. I am still finding reasons to smile (use of the In the Loop-ism "meat in the room", for example) and y'know, things have been worse.

2 Comments:

At 9:35 pm, Blogger Paperback Tourist said...

Nothing I can say to that really. When my sister was in hospital, I carried my worry around with me, it was such a private thing.

Got your wedding email today. Looking forward to that. Sadly I failed to get to sister Nancy's last weekend. London Underground it's usual fecked self. No Victoria Line, no Jubilee Line. Got soaked walking to Green Park and then to Hyde Park Corner. Couldn't get to Kilburn, a near wasted journey to London.

 
At 7:58 am, Blogger deafdisco said...

Things are looking a tiny bit more positive...I'll drop you a line.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home