Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Waiting for a dream

Soundtrack: Want Two by Rufus Wainwright

I'm looking at my PC monitor at a picture of Michael Buble. This was cut from a copy of Time Out and was clipped for the caption; 'Look ladies, he can read! Canadian swing singer Michael Buble, the man who makes Jamie Cullen look like Sun Ra, plays the Hammersmith Apollo.'

I remember choking with laughter when I first saw this and it continues to gives me pleasure on a daily basis.

Alongside this is a collection of Yiddishisms collected together from a Schott's Miscellany calendar, given to me by the Young Llama, who is of Jewish extraction.

Which leads me onto this...I'm listening to one of the queeniest singers ever and wondering if he's planning to sue that young lad Mika for nicking his schtick at any point soon.

Other stuff, then. It was good to see Mrs Green at the weekend. The DIY continues apace (we have a proper bathroom floor at last!). There's still no date for leaving my job.

Today there is bright sunshine, and I feel chirpy when I have no real reason to be. The novelty hasn't worn off just yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home