Monday, January 29, 2007

Climb the mountain with your fingertips...

Soundtrack: Redd Kross; Devo

Another weekend at the capricious whims of the goddess Do-It-Yourself. Lots more sandpapering, gloss paint, white spirit and brushes...we're beginning to get tired of it. However, as Sister Number 4 rightly pointed out yesterday, at least when don't have a collection of cheeky canines and felines rubbing their fur in the paint like she has, which is enormously frustrating. [Instead, I absent-mindedly managed to put the backside of my jeans on a freshly-painted door frame on Saturday evening. So it's official, I have the brain of a small mammal.]

I had a long chat to Mrs West on Friday evening. Her move back to Derby is taking place next month. Even though I don't see her much I'll be sad that she isn't half an hour's drive away anymore. Well, it shall give me an excuse to go and visit her and her lovely hubby and kids, which will be fun.

Mrs Green is coming down for a visit from England's North at the end of this week. I'm looking forward to this a lot. My hopes that the aforementioned DIY would be completed have evaporated. No matter, I'm sure she'll enjoy the piles of tools and paint everywhere. I might even be able to get away with calling it an art installation.

In other news, my mother has been called in for a series of medical tests. Her optician thinks that she may have diabetes. This shouldn't be surprising, given her deteriorating health recently, but it has come as a bit of a shock to all of us. The optician went straight to her GP with this intel, which was very canny of him (he must have noticed that she was a medic-phobe).

I suppose I shouldn't really worry, given that diabetes is an entirely treatable disease, but I am worrying anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home