Sunday, December 31, 2006

Clever girl, think you are but you think too much...

Soundtrack: various cut-up mp3s (especially the Kylie/Who one)


Well that's all over with for another year then.

The Christmas period was successful, as far as it can be sucessful. There were a couple of tense moments, but on the whole it was OK. I received some nice gifts from JJ including Fear of Music by Garry Mulholland (a follow-up to the superlative This is Uncool) - it's made me hanker after some albums I haven't broken out of the record boxes in a while. Maybe over the next few weeks I'll get a chance to do this.
The Saint Etienne party alluded to in the entry below was enormous fun. The centrepiece of evening was a performance of some jazz songs that appeared in the Charlie Brown cartoons, one song in particular was a highlight ('Linus and Lucy' - go Google it yourself). Look Around You's Peter Serafinovich and Robert Popper were there to introduce the worst TV show ever made - 'Star Quality', featuring Gyles Brandreth. Mr Serafinovich has been a big favourite of mine since his appearances in Spaced. So joy of joys - it couldn't get any better for me when he joined Saint Etienne onstage to reproduce the bit of 'I was born on Christmas Day' that Tim Burgess usually sings...(badly)...swoon...

So anyway - on Christmas Eve I began to feel ill. As soon as the time off kicks in my body shuts down, and so for a week now I've been dealing with all sorts of grim ailments (hacking coughs, stomach cramps and worse). We are supposed to be going back out to the RFH to the Guilty Pleasures NYE Party this evening, yet neither of us is in any fit shape for celebrating anything.

On that note, I'm going to leave this here for now and resume this another day. I have me some top lists to write in response to Merv's, and it takes brainpower to formulate this sort of thing. Happy New Year everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home