Monday, October 30, 2006

Let's get lost

Soundtrack: Elliott Smith

Oh dear, here we go again...The annual two months of hell has arrived with a big flourish at work. Recent statistics: two members of staff left the company on Friday; a new member of staff arrived today; another member of staff is off on compassionate leave for the foreseeable future.

The weird thing is, despite feeling very stressed when I got here this morning, that's beginning to ebb away. Right now I feel only a mixture of ennui and belligerence.

So, the last few days. On Friday night I went to yet another leaving do, and got royally wazzed. I was told an extremely funny story by Lambo, which has been making me laugh all weekend (wish I could relate the details here, but they're so preposterous you wouldn't believe me). DL and the Bell of the Ball were with me at the pub until chucking out time, from which we went to Waterloo and ate bad fast food.

As for the weekend...although I was hampered by a hangover for 50% of the time, in the main it was pleasant and low key.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home