Thursday, September 07, 2006

You will forget yourself

Soundtrack: Magazine; CSS

Yesterday evening I was chatting to a young pal about the events a year ago, when Mrs Green left my place of work and I inherited her job. A year on, it feels an alien sort of place without her. So, what have I learnt in that time?
  • Meetings get way less exciting the further up the ladder you go - hard to imagine, but true.
  • Interactions with problematic people on the same level as you become fraught, and underlying tensions underscore your every dealing with them.
  • Being able to do your job well means that you become invisible. Yet, the smallest error you make is jumped on.
But mainly, I can't enjoy a social occasion any more, for fear of drinking too much and telling people what I actually think about them/the company/everything. Net result is, I am way less frank than I want to be.

The last year has been more curse than blessing, put it that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home