Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Is it art or is it arse?

Sondtrack: Clor

Two incongruous things at Waterloo this morning.

1. A Eurostar train with a plate announcing 'The Da Vinci Code' on it. Nice little advertising opportunity, I thought, as I schlepped onto the concourse. I gather this is a popular book and film based on the demented ravings of a Roman Catholic splinter group. Ace.

2. A middle-aged woman with a tattoo of the Picasso Dove on her arm. This made me double-take. Why would you do that to yourself? And does the estate of old Pablo now own copyright on her bicep?

I had a conversation with my allotment buddy David the other day - you just don't see people with lovely old anchor tattoos anymore. It's all poncey Celtic bands and cartoon characters these days. Come on, Britain! Raise your disfigurement game!