Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Me, I go from one extreme to another!

Soundtrack: ABC

The weekend was crammed full of things. As a result, I feel a little more alive than I did last Monday. There's a lesson there, I suppose.

Friday night we spent over at the Rhyming Couple's place looking after Baby R. He was mostly impeccably well-behaved, with a minor freak-out at about 10pm when he got his foot caught in the bars of his cot. The following morning we went to Tooting Bec Lido for a bit of a dip and I was reminded how out of condition I am.

On Saturday afternoon, I met up with Mrs. Matravers and her eldest son, up from the South West on a visit. It was nice to see her after a long time with no contact.

On Sunday we went to Worthing for the day just for something to do. It just so happened that there was an American custom car rally on, which was good fun. this meant lots of portly rockabillies wandering the town, as well as a DJ playing lots of excellent early 60s numbers. I had forgotten how good girl groups/Motown/early Elvis and Johnny Cash sounds over a huge PA...