Monday, June 26, 2006

All the gold that's in Fort Knox couldn't buy this happiness

Soundtrack: Pussy Galore, The Waitresses, The Go-Gos, Adam and the Ants

What a fun-packed, late-night Saturday we had. Sadly, I was too drunk to take any photos at Pandaman's do, but it was great to see him and his lovely missus, as well as the excellent Marcoose. It had been far too long since I'd last seen these folk.

Here's an approximation of our set-list, in no particular order.

The Evolution Control Committee: Rebel without a Pause
Lori and the Chameleons: Touch (I love, I love, I love Japan)
Can: I Want More
The Fall: Hit the North
Dub Narcotic Disco Plate: Fuck Shit Up
The Droyds: Take Me I'm Yours
Will Powers: Kissing With Confidence
Cosmetique: Lady Di, Why did you have to die?
Noonday Underground: London
Link Wray: Jack the Ripper
The Sonics: Strychnine
The Haunted: 1-2-5

I didn't get a chance to play S-S-Single Bed by Fox, which was vexing - but as it was, our set over-ran, screwing up Marcoose's set (the zenith of which was Love Missile F1-11 by the mighty Sigue Sigue Sputnik).

From this we (foolishly) made our way over to the hinterlands of Kingston to attend a party hosted by the Estimable Mr Perkins. It was too late, and we were already way too drunk to really enjoy ourselves, so we left within the hour.

On getting home I gave JJ his birthday gifts: the best of which was a copy of Diamond Lights by Glen and Chris (AKA Hoddle and Waddle). I also managed to hunt down a copy of High Energy by Evelyn Thomas, one of our favourite dance records. It's an incredibly uplifting song.

On Sunday Ms Robinson came over to escape the football. We ate sausage sandwiches and sponge cake, while studiously ignoring the England game. Which wasn't such a bad idea, because bugger all happened in it anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home