Thursday, May 04, 2006

We care A LOT

Channel 4 showed the first two episodes of Season 2 of Lost On Tuesday night.

Predictably, it scared the living bejeesus out of me and I barely slept.

I have an hour yesterday trawling the net for spoilers (purely because I felt like cutting my nose off to spite my face), and whaddya know, there are some folk who are completely into it out there. So much so, that they are devoting page after page of page of the web to deconstructing the storyline, finding really heavy allegorical meanings (the character Hurley representing the Department of Homeland Security, anybody?) and congratulating each other on reporting the minutiae of each episode.

Well it's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.

To treat Lost as an allegory for my life: I am still on the island but working hard to get rescued. I've sent out numerous distress signals, one of which has been picked up, but I'm not sure that an escape craft is being sent as yet. Life in the hatch is increasingly soul-destroying and my fellow castaways are beginning to grind on my bleedin nerves.

If it weren't for my trusty companions DL and LlamaBoy I think I would have gone Loco in Acapulco before now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home