Thursday, March 23, 2006

Throw me a line, I'm sinking fast

So much to say, so little time to blog.

My life at present seems to lurch between pleasant weekends full of worthwhile things to weeks at work where my situation descends further down the shitter with every passing day. I almost walked out earlier in the week...pretty frightful. I was so tense the other night that I woke up at 4 in the morning, crying and furious. As I have said before, work discussions here are verboten so no more on that.

Last weekend I went to see the family and crammed a lot in. But my god, the conditions were arctic there. I saw virtually everybody, even Nephew Number 1 (who I could have done without seeing, to be frank). We visited old pals Barry and Jo in the pub they're running, which is a local landmark. I did some excellent charity shopping. And I hung about with the Best Dog in the World. [no picture, sorry]

Last night I went with JJ, DL and Smudge to see V for Vendetta. I quite enjoyed it, but I gather if you are familiar with the source material that it's a little clunky. Bless Natalie Portman, her English accent was a bit weird at times.

Smudge has passed on a wonderful website to me today. This completely warped worldview really is just the ticket in these dark days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home