Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Grey gardens

Soundtrack: Rufus Wainwright

It was another successful weekend. Friday night was spent in the company of JJ, DL, Misses Budd 'n' Tate and Ms. Darlington. It was one of the most pleasant evenings out I've had in some time. Heard a great story from the lady Darlington about a date she went on with a man who wore a decoy duck on his head at a supper club, which had me weeping with mirth.

Saturday I was in a bit of a dazed and confused state, but had the very great fortune to bump into Miss JoJo in Kingers (and where else but a charity shop?).

On Sunday we spent a long time doing stuff at the allotment. Some of our older chums up there are being very complimentary about the plot ('You're very well ahead this year - it's looking great!'). This is good for us, because we're forever plagued with doubt about being a bit crap at it.

For the first time this year, I feel positive. It's such an unusual feeling, I can hardly comprehend it. Last night I lay awake running through possibilities for this year through my mind, and felt faintly euphoric at the things that lie ahead.

I know. It really isn't like me, is it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home