Monday, January 30, 2006

But badgers couldn't compensate at twice the price for just another night with the boys

Soundtrack: For Your Pleasure by Roxy Music

On the whole, a successful weekend for doing good stuff and catching up with pals.

Friday night ended up being a night which I hadn't planned for, and so much the better for it. The boy Smudge emailed me on Friday afternoon to offer up a nite on the shandies, which I initially declined. After my other plans (fortuitously) fell through, I was pleased to be able to have an entertaining evening out with him and some other associates of his, including KiwiTom and Mick.

Saturday was taken up with some art (the new Gilbert and George thing at White Cube - I'm sooo Hoxton!) in the company of RedheadWalking and Mr. R. Then onto Mr. W and Mr. A's palatial Shoreditch abode: it was good to see them and their feline pal Dave. Some jolly chat in good company.

Sunday, Ms. Robinson came to visit and helped us to dig some of the allotment. We had a good gossip over a lunch of cheese and ham toasties (our proposed pub lunch was scuppered by our local being packed to the bleedin' gills).

Feel pleased that a lot was packed in, but must admit I'm tired now.

It's going to be a long old week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home