Thursday, January 12, 2006

Burn black

Soundtrack: My body, the hand grenade by Hole

'We all know her rage is endless...'

I'm in a far better frame of mind than yesterday. That isn't hard. I'm still angry but I'm now belligerent angry, not nasty angry. Anyway, that's as far as I'm going to go with this.

Two things. The other night I had a pleasant evening with some old buddies from my indie-popping days at university (Mrs and Mrs Herriett; Mr Partner and Ms. Hignett; Spangletree). At one point Mr Partner said to me, 'isn't it funny, none of us have changed really'.

Does he mean that the years have been kind to us? Perhaps. I'd like to think I'm the same person who used to jump about at the Cockpit and the Knights Park bar to the absolute sounds. But it's ten years ago and a heck of a lot has happened since then.

Last night I watched the two final episodes of Lost. It's been yonks since I've been this excited about a TV series that is as ludicrous as this. As I know I've said before, it's like Twin Peaks all over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home