Friday, January 06, 2006

The blood is love

Soundtrack: Lullabies to Paralyze by Queens of the Stone Age

Ah, those mighty Queens.

I feel like crap today. Last night I went to leaving do and then onto Wagamama's before going to a birthday drinks. Ratings:

Leaving do: 4/10 A quick Jack and Coke and a cursory chat before sprinting out.

Wagamama's: 2/10 Disappointing. JJ's dinner arrived. Mine appeared on the counter ten minutes later and there it sat for a further three minutes. Just as I was being asked if everything was alright, a couple of minutes into my meal, I noticed my chicken was undercooked. So, back it went. Ten minutes later, dinner mark 2 arrived. This was better: it was at least cooked (and hot as a bonus...). For every good experience I have in this chain of restaurants, I have two bad ones. Not a great statistic.

Birthday do: 8/10 A celebration for C Clouse's birthday. A nice Soho pub, some good company (T Clouse; old chums HateBoy, Finch, The Boy(s of ) Summers; some nice American record label pals; an out-of-control Japanese girl). I drank some nice organic lager which I erroneously thought would leave me with no hangover (??). Myself and HateBoy had our usual conversation about the 80s and Bauhaus. The Clouses were on top form. Fantabulosa.

Four hours and counting until the weekend. Thank christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home