Sunday, December 04, 2005

Libraries gave us power

As a child, I was the bookish type. It’s only since I took a literature degree that my interest in books has waned. However, I still take enormous pleasure in going to libraries.

Yesterday I took myself up the road to the fringes of the council estate to the library, which, I’m pleased to report, is bright, welcoming and well-stocked. This is in stark contrast to Kingston’s nearest library. I feel slightly better about the high council tax here now that I know it’s being spent on books.

I’m still awaiting my food waste recycling containers, though.

Work has been too busy for me recently to find time to post here, much as I’ve wanted to. Most of the week was taken up with preparations for Miss JoJo’s leaving, handover meetings, plans, gift-buying and all that sort of thing. She left on Friday, as did my old friend Patrice. I’ll miss them both – but I know I’ll still see them both socially, and that’s the best bit anyway.

Wednesday night I went to see Todd and Part Chimp. It was a good night out. Had some entertaining banter with the Clouses and some other notables, and the bands weren’t half bad either.

Next week is likely to be the quiet before the storm. I intend to sit back and recuperate, because the week after is going to go bonkers with things to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home