Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Lady (un)Luck(y)

Soundtrack: Marquee Moon by Television

How we felt... 'Did you feel low?' ...Not at all. 'Huh?'

It was a funny weekend. My much looked-forward-to evening out to the Lady Luck club on Friday was undone by my having a bit of a funny turn in the venue. All day Saturday I felt odd and slept a lot. I did bump into Merv in Waitrose, which was an excellent surprise - we've been predicting that we'd see each other in there doing grocery shopping before long, and sure enough...

Yesterday there was family gathering and lunch, which was relatively painless. I have learnt to keep any information about my life close and only offer the bare minimum. This sounds cruel, but it appears to work. Prior to lunch, we spent a frantic hour digging one of the beds at the allotment and planting broad beans during a rainstorm. This was the most satisfying bit of the whole day.

I received some disturbing news towards the end of last week, which I couldn't bring myself to report. The man whom Sister Number Four reported for stalking her last year appears to have gotten away with it. This was fairly predictable, but it was still dispiriting to hear. I can't really go into detail here, but his punishment is laughable.

That's if I had the capacity to laugh about it, which I don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home