Monday, October 10, 2005

Up and out in Stokey and Brighton

So, the weekend.

Saturday was the day of Pandaman's wedding. We got there just on time following leaving the flat late and running into every possible delay on public transport. It was one of those 'oh shit, let's get a black cab' moments. [I could really get used to travelling by cab. Decadent.]

It went off well, the vows were especially sweet and had me welling up and the reception was a laugh. Notable guests were Dr Spamela and Marcooose. On the indie sleb front, a member of Saint Etienne was on hand, as well as a member of Kenickie (not Laverne, before you ask). Wooo! There was a long gap between ceremony and food which left me drunk, and then hungover, before my time - on the whole it was a super day. Pandaman and his bride were very happy and appeared to be enjoying themselves a lot, which really is the main thing. If only the reception disco had been louder. Where else do you ever hear the superb Ultra Vivid Scene these days? [Rhetorical question. You don't tend hear them, ever.]

Yesterday we popped down to Brighton to see Francakes and Bin. They are looking forward to the arrival in March of Baby Bincakes. We sat on the beach for a while and enjoyed the autumn sunshine. We then repaired to great boozer The Heart in Hand in the Lanes where we met up with Ms Magee and her Welsh Beau. This meeting was long overdue but well worth it...we crammed a lot of news into a short space of time. The day was rounded off with some dinner that Bin made from some leftovers - as he is a chef of some note, it wasn't quite the Supernoodles/cheese on toast that you might envisage. I drove us home and was surprised at how little that worried me.

Today, I feel like something that a cat has thrown up. I wouldn't mind, but I comsumed not one drop of booze yesterday! So this can only mean that my hangover from the wedding has been carried over one day. Gah, I loathe this getting old lark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home