Monday, October 31, 2005

As they pulled you out of the oxygen tent...

Soundtrack: Diamond Dogs by Bowie

Friday night saw the arrival of Mrs Green, down from England's North for one night only - the dancing and the drinking at Uncle Bob's Wedding Reception left me pretty battered for the rest of the weekend.

I wore an outfit that I haven't worn out since I was 15: an off-the-shoulder polyester number in black and white with my black and white kitten-heel slingbacks. Over the party season I'll be re-hashing that look over and over again - why waste money on something new, when you can wear something already out-of-date?

I danced to some of my favourite songs by the Human League, The Velvelettes and The Knack.

So, there was much carousing, and the next day, a lot of chatting. The two of us had a frank discussion over a large fry-up on Saturday morning.

I've been feeling a lack of self-confidence recently, and not a little paranoia. But I think I'm beginning to come through that. I needed to talk to Mrs Green to confirm it, though. It's a bit like coming out of a cave. My previous entry here describes being larger than life...which reminded me, in turn, of this lyric:

'Tell you my name/F.U.C.K./50 foot Queenie/Force ten hurricane/Biggest woman/I could have ten sons/Ten gods ten queens/Ten foot and rising' from here.

These extremes are strange, but feeling like I can deflect it all with my shield of steel feels pretty good...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home