Monday, December 12, 2005

Waiting to hit

Soundtrack: The Texas-Jerusalem Crossroads by Lift to Experience

Ugghhhhh. I have a heavy cold and am writing this in our refrigerated back bedroom, having taken a day off work. I’ve got that great look that I always get when I’m ill – greasy hair, chapped nose/lips, grey complexion. Still, it beats yesterday, when I felt like a human pressure cooker.

This place sure is beautiful during the daytime. I have seen some excellent canines wandering past, and the sky has mostly been clear and blue. It seems to be clouding over, which may mean that the smoke from the oil refinery fire just north of London is beginning to reach us.

Until I was struck down with this miserable illness, I was having a great weekend. I went to the South London Gallery to check out the Kim Gordon installation. We listened to some wires making noise, looked at some plasticine models, and entered a glittery tent where we made a disastrous three-minute ‘song’ (me on guitar, Mr. R on drums and RedheadWalking on percussion). This consists of Kim Gordon talking/moaning and our shoddy instrumental backing. Our band’s name? Face Full of Slap. We then went to a pub, and as is always the case when I see this pair, we put the world to rights. Ace!

Yesterday was due to be fun, but there are times when fun has to be cancelled. However, this week sees my birthday so I intend to make up for that lost fun then.

A brief note on the soundtrack choice – this is currently rocking my world. And my goodness, it appears to be a concept album about the nativity, set in Texas! Crazy! And festive...

My niece gave birth to her third son on Saturday evening. His name is Bailey. I'm looking forward to making his accquaintance later this month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home