Monday, February 13, 2006

My pain and sadness is more sad and painful than yours

Soundtrack (in head): Chupacabras by Super Furry Animals

I had a four-day weekend. This can only lead to misery in the long run, as I’m sure you’re all aware. I got back to work today, to mayhem.

Some things I’ve done recently:

I watched an ostensibly serious TV programme about how to pay off a mortgage in two years, only to spend most of the hour weeping with laughter at the antics of a man whom thought that becoming a Cliff Richard impersonator was a sound business venture. He neither looked nor sounded like the bible-bashing 75-year-old-teenager. He even went to a former member of Black Lace for advice on the vocals! Christ on a sodding bike!! If it’s ever repeated, you MUST watch it. Please, do it for me.

I went to see two of the oddest bands in the world: Earth and Sunn O))). It was a strange night (in more ways than one). Sunn O)))’s set was one of the weirdest things I’ve ever heard – no drums, just the rhythmic throb of two guitars and a synthesiser. It was SO art rock…at one point they brought a black metal dude onstage through the dry ice to hiss venomously over the music. Which immediately made me think of the Sisters of Mercy, something I found hilarious(most of the rest of the audience were reverential. Or maybe stoned? Perhaps both.). Following the gig I thought that an extra pint on top of the four I'd had already was necessary, so I went to the boozer with Jezza. The following morning I awoke with a really bad hangover and quite a large amount of physical pain. I think the sheer volume and force of the music had tensed my entire body up.

I took part in a focus group for a final year Psych project. Not the usual sort of thing I find myself doing on a Sunday morning, and I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed it.

As a postscript, I should say that the title of this post is indeed ironic. I'm sure most of you will understand the sentiment/reference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home