Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Never for money, always for love...

Soundtrack: Chairs Missing by Wire

Oh dear. The trouble I predicted a couple of posts ago is upon me. It's all work-related, bien sur, which you could have guessed. I feel like I've been battered, I'm so tired. It's been relentless. Went for a hot chocolate with a friend this evening whom is currently going through a very similar experience. Neither of us can quite believe the situation we're in. We sat there resignedly shrugging and sighing. Shit.

Elsewhere, out in the real world, I had an entertaining weekend. I read the book Hell Bent for Leather, which was very amusing indeed. It's kind of a twat's guide to heavy metal (as the author himself puts it). Now, I've flirted with metal myself. More than that actually - my teenage boyfriends were fans of bands such as *deep breath* Deicide, Sepultura, Suicidal Tendencies, Napalm Death, Anthrax and Dio. [Dio, FFS. I mean, why?]

Not all metallers are sad. Merv, Jezza, Clouse - you're safe. You too, Mrs. West (in fact, you're the only proper female metal fan I've ever known). The book outlined a glam metal odyssey by the author which had me hooting with laughter. Well worth a look.

Also attended a vintage fashion fair in Hammersmith (gateway to the West) on Sunday. It was OK. I got some great sunglasses, which I intend to wear after dark. Also purchased: a black summer dress (sounds odd, but it works) and a black/pink tweed coat. This last item is one of the most punk rock things I've ever seen. It's getting cleaned, then I'm going to wear it to death. Coincidentally JJ ran into an old pal in the pub opposite the venue whose missus deals in all things vintage (clothing, jewellery; furniture).

So, in a couple of month's time I intend to be a fully paid up 1950s beatnik sweater girl. How'd ya like them apples?

1 Comments:

At 10:41 pm, Blogger Afraid Of Ducks said...

There's NOTHING wrong with Dio, the man wrote Holy Diver...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home