Friday, March 31, 2006

There is always room at the top, don't let them tell you there is not

'An 18th century brain in a 21st century head' Room at the top by Adam Ant

Right at this moment I feel like I've got an 18th century body as well as brain. I'm too tired to be Machiavellian. In fact, things are so bad that I even bought a copy of 'Now!' magazine to read today - it has a regular column by Jade Goody. I mean - FFS. This is the only entertainment that I currently have the cerebral capacity for. Well, that and Marquee Moon - what an soft art-rocking ponce I am.

Last night I attended our Residents Association AGM with JJ. This is one of those events that shouldn't be missed for a couple of reasons: 1) if you don't go it's possible that you will find out second-hand that our maintenance charge has been raised by stealth; 2) we are usually two of about five people under 40 (average age of resident - 79, I'd say); 3) it can sometimes be enormously entertaining, with lots of stating the bleedin' obvious going on as well as some ludicrous questions ('Can the committee do anything about the noise made by power showers?').

Sadly, last night was a let down on the entertainment front. However, there were some bitchy comments from a man in his fifties who looked like he's just walked off the set of Howards' Way - all blazer and jeans. It was like 1987 never happened.

Can't wait to get home and relax. It's been a bloody long week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home