Monday, April 17, 2006

Kicking against the pricks

Soundtrack: planes; birdsong

Here's a candid blog post for a change, instead of a bland one.

In truth: I've been having a fairly bad time of it. This Easter hasn't been fun, mainly because I've been trying desperately to churn out job applications, in order that I can leave my shite job. This, despite the facts that I've booked a short break for us in Barcelona in a swanko hotel, that I've got our chalet sorted for Nightmare Before Christmas, that the sun is shining and the flowers are blooming, I'm just totally miserable.

Now I'm fully aware that some of you may have been thinking that I haven't been much of laugh recently. But really, was I ever?! I'm so pissed off at the moment that I can't even be bothered to be bitchy. That's the honest truth.

I can't actually be bothered to do anything.

Now this is bound to come across as a bit 'poor me', but frankly, compared to some other blogs I read regularly, I barely ever complain about my lot.

I'm sure I'll come through this rough patch, but it's going to take time. Please bear with me.

*************************************************************************

Notable recent events:

My first great-niece, Jasmine, was born yesterday. My best wishes to Nephew Number 3 and his better half, K.

I had a lovely evening out with DL, the Bell of the Ball and Ms. Allsop. Far too much wine was drunk but it definitely put a rare smile on my face. Worth it for the conversation with DL about the Barlow and Baldwin detecive agency.

A nice smoothie and chinwag with the amazingly talented Miss JoJo, whose play is going to be performed in NYC this summer.

A spending spree in TKMaxx: which culminated, as ever, in a bag full of stuff which I realised had to be returned as soon as got it home. This time I bought some completely insane Pringle wear - which, as you may imagine, made me look like a cross between a legal secretary and a ladies' golf champ. My brain and taste had taken a holiday while I was in the shop. Which goes to prove, discount clothes shopping and depression aren't ideal bedfellows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home