Monday, July 17, 2006

And I try, I try, I try...

Soundtrack: Soul Train by Swann's Way

The above track was a song that I loved when I was younger. I'm currently listening to the 12" version, which has a load of free-jazz sax tootling on it. I don't recall that from the original chart version...then again, I was about 10 when it was released, so it's possible that I had blanked the jazz bits out of my mind.

Swann's Way eventually became Scarlet Fantastic, who were one of Stock Aitken and Waterman's early acts. 'We dream of deserts, and fast motorbikes, uh-huh-huh!'

Enough of that. We had a very nice weekend, thanks very much. I've been working hard on various things - we spent a fruitful couple of hours at the allotment digging up spuds and suchlike, as well as looking in astonishment at how rapidly our squashes and pumpkins are coming to life. I've also been working on extracting myself from my current employ again. Fingers crossed, everybody, please.

Over to the wilds of Saarf London yesterday to spend time with Simply the Wests and the Rhyming Couple, and their delightful children, of course. Baby R thought that my trick of pretending to eat his arms like corn on the cob was the funniest thing in the world, which goes to show a bit of fake cannibalism doesn't do a youngster any harm. I suppose I'll be finding this less amusing when I get the bill for his psychotherapy in a few years' time.

Appropos of Tablegate (see a couple of entries below), things have neither improved or gotten worse. Apart from, the more I think about it, the more I realise that this was going to happen sometime. The circumstances might well have been different, but the net result (misery and much being sent to Coventry) would have been the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home