Friday, August 04, 2006

I'll dish the dirt and I'll show you the door

Soundtrack: The Delgados

'We spent our years dreaming, but our dreams were misleading, and now we're through'

It's amazing how evocative some records can be. The Great Eastern was my soundtrack at a very low point and it's astonishing how fast it can transport me back right back to that sad time.

However, if I could go back, I wouldn't change a thing.

I had a very nice evening out with DL, Merv, Neilski, Lambo and Lovely Morgano yesterday. The evening was dominated by conversations about the usual topics - music, films, comics. I didn't drink much, but still wound up with a hangover, which was rubbish.

I was tickled today by the story of Barney the Doberman, destroyer of £60k's worth of teddy bears. He just wanted to play...like all dogs do!