Monday, October 16, 2006

Gossip folks

Soundtrack: Respect M.E. by Missy Elliot

Feeling groggy with another cold, but I've had an interesting few days. Today at work I've been passing news with DL about this and that. Always good, but far better when we're discussing over a pint or two of bitter, rather than in the office.

Yesterday I was suffering more from said cold. We went to the allotment and did some much-needed weeding. The nasturtiums had run amok, and pulling up the flowers left that lingering peppery smell in my nostrils, against the smell of damp earth. The weather was perfect, clear and crisp. We have a vast amount of squashes and pumpkins at our disposal now.

On Saturday I spent making soup out of the pumpkins we had picked last week, as well as feeling pleased that we have finally got our broadband connection sorted out. The chilli-hotness of the soup erased the pain from my throat.

Friday night, I was in the pub celebrating yet another leaver from my office. It feels like the rats are jumping (although the leaver this week was a sweetheart, not a rat). Hoping the next rat will be me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home