Monday, November 06, 2006

Yesterday's favourite, don't you hate it?

Soundtrack: Visage, Duran Duran, Talk Talk

The past few days have alternated between very busy to entirely slothful.

I had an interview on Thursday evening that I was given just one day to prepare for, and this left me a bit of a husk for the remainder of the week. Fitting in cramming about the potential job inbetween working ridiculously hard in my day job was challenging (as those of us who are trying to be polite about the conditions of our current employment say). I came out of the interview mentally shattered - and I knew from the moment I stepped outside the door of the place that I'd ballsed it up. [The only thing that kept me from freaking out totally when I got home was a nice chat with Mrs. Green, which is always a tonic. Ta missus.]

Sure enough, I got confirmation that I wasn't successful with the job this morning. Having spent the entire weekend talking myself out of it, I don't actually feel that bad.

The weekend was spent doing all the usual stuff, like digging the allotment and looking at bathroom suites/colour schemes. This quite dull stuff was pretty much the only activity I could cope with, given the week up to that point.

So the above may go some little way to explain why I've been a bit distant recently. If I'm honest, I cannot be arsed to see anyone at the moment - I hope that you aren't taking this personally. These things generally pass: I'll be back in touch soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home