Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Nothing here for me and you...sitting here with nothing to do

I'd love one of these beautiful items for Xmas. I've always wanted a record player that's disguised as a harpischord.

What goes on? Well, quite a lot and not very much all at the same time. I had a nice night down the boozer with Jezzabo last week, which was a giggle, at which I heard his horror stories of being locked in a hotel in Moscow, which is perhaps what you can expect for flying to Tokyo with Aeroflot. [Not to be making too light of this, of course, it sounded truly awful.] Other topics of conversation included Curb (which has been so fierce in content lately that I can barely bring myself to watch it) and Madonna's recent forays into the adoption of developing-world children.

In domestic news, it looks like the re-fitting of our bathroom may commence this week. I'm preparing myself for an unpleasant few days of being unable to wash. The hair-washing thing isn't a problem - you know how slovenly I am when it comes to that. So we spent Saturday evening stripping wall and ceiling paper off, and yesterday I sustained some painful neck injuries following spending several hours sugar-soaping the whole lot down. Can't wait to see the back of the old beige bathroom suite/the pink ceiling/ the bright blue walls/the purple floor tiles. Stripped down, our bathroom is a nightmarish flashback to the three-day week, refuse piling up in the street and Leif Garrett.

Niece Number 1 and her husband came to stay on Saturday night. It was good to see them, and we were also just as pleased that they had remembered JJ's obsession with Victoria sponge cake. Needless to say, we made short work of it.

*ATP in a week and half! ATP in a week and a half! Lalalalalala.* You'll get no sense out of me until that's over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home