Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Lovely 2 CU

Soundtrack: Supernature by Goldfrapp

I've been a bit quiet for the past few days. JJ was over in the Holy Land for a long weekend and instead of my imagined uproarious days and nights of excess in his absence, I was largely a very dull girl.

One highlight was going to Uncle Bob's Wedding Reception on Friday night. This was a club that I used to frequent a few years ago. I saw an early gig by The Darkness there once. So I arrived and the place was going off to the song I had the time of my life from Dirty Dancing...there was a bride, groom, and at least two bridesmaids in puffy dresses. Bizarre but good fun. I also saw Ms Patterson for the first time in about 18 months.

I did clear out our wardrobe (told you, dull), and not a moment too soon... the moths had eaten holes in at least two items of my clothing. Typically, they had made a meal of a cashmere cardigan...I suppose that fabric is like moth lobster. Which is almost a song by the B-52s...

It was great to see JJ after a few days on my lonesome.

The new Goldfrapp album puts me in mind of Scritti Politti's Cupid and Psyche '85. It has been polished to a very high sheen, but I'm not totally convinced that it's all brilliant yet. I had that feeling about their last album though, so it might grow on me yet.

Scritti were one of my teenage favourites. I adored Green's interviews in Smash Hits...he was (and may still be) cleverest man in pop. I have unearthed a funny guide to the band here, which may make you smile. Was shocked to discover that Green is now 50 years old! Wowsers. He's wearing terribly well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home