Monday, August 01, 2005

Sulk

Soundtrack: The Associates - Sulk

Monday again. And I am in a foul mood...the histrionics of the above album are suiting me well at present.

Was meaning to post here on Friday afternoon, but instead went to Regent's Park on a jolly. It was great on the whole (games of hoopla, Pimms and best of all, scotch eggs) but I had to leave when one of our younger compatriots lost control of her mouth (I think the brakes failed). It left me wanting to be properly deaf for the first time in my life - oh, to switch the volume down...

The weekend was OK. We did a bit of car booting where we bought some bad art, and we went for a drink with Merv yesterday afternoon at a nice boozer near where we live. I have also started to make a sock monkey.

I'm hoping that this week will improve. But at times like this I am always reminded of the old Damned t-shirt that Mr Lomas used to wear many years ago. Front: 'There's a light at the end of the tunnel...' Back: '...maybe it's an oncoming train'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home