Thursday, July 28, 2005

Accidents will happen

Soundtrack - Elvis Costello

Another unfashionable choice. Sorry everyone, I think he writes (or at least, has written in the past) great songs. He's clearly a very bitter man, but that's OK by me. I'm rather that way inclined myself.

Police presence in the capital is high today, given that it's a Thursday. If they're thinking of breaking the routine they've established so far, we've had it...

In other news, my shoulder is giving me gip. I think that all the stress in my body is travelling through my mouse-operating hand up my arm to my right shoulder. I desperately need to book that holiday, because I've started getting worried about taking over from Mrs Green. Pretty soon I'll have completely grey hair.

Spoke at length to Ms. Robinson last night. She has returned from a horrific hen weekend in Barcelona, which sounded more like a military tour of duty. Neither of us are terribly lucky with those sort of things. This particular event ended in a huge row (the last one, a combined hen/stag thing, ended with one of the best men punching the groom). Ms. R wasn't involved in either the row or the drubbing incident, I should point out.

On these occasions what should be fun inevitably goes wrong. The last hen do I went on was monstrous and I wondered how my lovely friend could possible know such a bunch of mental harpies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home