Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Teenage breakdown

Soundtrack - The Who Ultimate Collection

'The Seeker' by The Who always reminds me of my first couple of months at college in Exeter. We used to have a coffee bar with a vinyl jukebox, which we worked out how to play for free. Favourites were 'The Seeker', 'Badge' by Cream and 'Sowing the Seeds of Love' by Tears for Fears. The latter choice is naff, but I knew that even then. It isn't even their finest hour (Head Over Heels is. That's my last word on TFF).

Hearing any of the above-mentioned songs transports me right back to that time. I didn't know it back then, but those were what I'd now consider halcyon days. Three months later my Dad died and everything changed for good.

Anyway, that's more than I can feasibly go into here, so perhaps I'd better let that drop.

Our holiday is now booked for mid-end September. I feel a little giddy at the thought of it. I'm not very good at doing nothing, but I'm willing to give it a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home