Sunday, August 07, 2005

Touch me, I'm sick

Soundtrack - some stuff I downloaded off Napster five years ago (back when it was free)

Am I ever sick. I've been off work since Wednesday afternoon and I feel weak. My temperature won't stabilise - one minute I'm shivering, the next overheating. I'm improving, but it's slow. Here's hoping that the power of curry will shock it out of my system later.

In my time spent resting I've managed to consume a lot of bad television (about antiques, mainly) and have taught myself a couple of knitting stitches. Regarding the latter - I wanted to do something that I could focus on in-between napping and the antiques. It's a very gentle pastime, and one that I highly recommend if you are fidgety.

In a rare moment of feeling OK, I went to Kingston yesterday and was soon defeated by the place (as usual). One thing of note happened. I went to one of the charity shops and found one of my own books that I had donated to them a while ago. A strange moment, that, seeing my name on the title page (as I was one of the 100 people on my course whom owned that textbook, it made sense to mark my territory). It also reminded me that I graduated ten years ago this summer.

Watched Donnie Darko and Todd Solondtz's Happiness last night. Happiness was quite something. It was simultaneously the funniest and the most disturbing film I've seen in years. I've wanted to see it for some time and although sitting up til 1.30 this morning wore me out, I couldn't tear myself away from it.

Suspect I'll be heading back to 'reality' tomorrow. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home