Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Reasons for silence

Soundtrack: The Great Eastern by The Delgados

I'm finding the whole blogging thing an interesting process, because it's making me very aware about editing myself and my reactions. You've no idea how hard it has been to keep tabs on what I'm saying and not getting carried away with bitching about people here. In many ways what you're reading is a very sanitised and positive version of me.

I think my skills at being bitchy started at the theatre, where I became the queen of the withering put-down. You try spending three hours a night watching a lame musical on cans (theatrespeak for headphones) with people watching the turns (theatrespeak for actors, although in this case we can't describe them as that under the Trades Description Act) prance about! Catty became a way of life, purely because you just have to knock people with monumental egos down. That's something I'd love to do more of where I am now, but an office is a whole lot more of a grown-up place to work than a theatre.

Or is it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home