Monday, August 15, 2005

Hello darkness, my old friend...

Soundtrack: silence, headphones on

This is the best way to give people the idea that you are too busy to talk to them.

Oh, the horror: Justin Hawkins of the Darkness has covered one of my most favourite songs ever - This town aint big enough for both of us by Sparks. It's an atrocity. I note with some disgust that the Mael brothers have cameos in the video. Russell, Ron, for gawd's sake, what were you thinking?!

The gasman thing didn't happen on Friday. The company in charge of the works called me up at ten past eight in the morning to tell me that they wouldn't be coming, and I flew into a rage (contrary to yada yada, I don't do Hulk-style outbursts very often).

Luckily, the day was not wasted, as I spent the afternoon visiting Mrs West and Oscar in Carshalton. This suburb was the old stamping ground of both of my parents, who lived just up the road on the St Helier estate. Proof, if proof be need be (copyright Brass Eye), that I am authentically 'council'.

Saturday evening was taken up with a family party, which despite my concerns beforehand, was actually quite good fun.

Yesterday we went to Spitalfields market, which was largely hell, apart from the Square Pies. Then over to see Mr Future World Funk at his homestead in Clapton, at a barbeque to celebrate his being given the all-clear from cancer. It drizzled, but the company was good. When we got back home we watched the first two eps of Lost, which is so up my street I'm practically living there. I can sense a Twin Peaks-style obsession brewing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home