Thursday, February 11, 2010

And you may ask yourself, well - how did I get here?

Relatively recently, I threatened to jack the blog in, then backed down almost immediately. I was behaving a bit like the people who post on their Facebook status: "well that's it i'm leavin FB tonite, gettin a bit sick of all the BS written on here by IDIOTS c ya". The following day their status generally says "well i changed my mind LOL i didn't want to give in to bullying so hear i am back again". In other words, I was being a berk. I'm not jacking this in, it's been too long in the making.

However, posting is beginning to become difficult, for a couple of reasons.

I've established in previous posts what's going on with my Mum's health. There are certain inevitabilities tied to terminal cancer with the passing of time, and I'm sure that there is no need for me to spell out the details. I'm going to be around less, too. If I'm honest, things have been getting grim. When there is less to smile about, there is less to post.

That's not to say that I am down in the mouth, because I'm not. Obviously, some days are better than others. But, you know, there's a tough time ahead, so I'm making the best of the good times now.

2 Comments:

At 11:46 pm, Blogger Mr T said...

I'm sorry to read about what you're going through. It is going to be a rollercaoster so you just take each day as it comes.

And always remember that if you ever need any help then just ask. No-one would ever expect you to face this on your own.

You take care.

T

 
At 9:49 pm, Blogger Afraid Of Ducks said...

I'll second what Metal Monkey said. We're all thinking of you, and here when you need us x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home