Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Straight back down to earth

I'm aware that it's been a bit of a while, and I fully intend to get back into this. The problem is time, and work. Y'see, there was a time back along when I had time at work to cock about. [Well, I didn't really have time, I just made time out of the periods when I should have been actually working.]

Since returning from getting married, there has been nary a second spare to do any personal admin at all, because I have been moved into a job on the online side of things. On the plus side, I am having to use my brain slightly more now, so the days don't drag. Not that they dragged before...especially when I was organising a wedding. There was plenty to be getting on with then.

Anyway, I give it six weeks in the new job before I have things running my way and the usual torpor has set in.

Going back to the wedding organising...I find that there is an enormous gap left by this and it makes me realise how much I fool myself. I love a project and it's my main aim in life to make things happen. Now that there is very little to do, I am a bit bereft, adrift. According to the bridezilla social network this is a common theme for people coming out of a period of wedding planning. Plus, the wedding was a handy way of pretending that my other problems didn't exist. Now I no longer have the excuse, so I have to face up to my mother's illness.

On a lighter note, I have been enjoying life. Despite what I have written above, I am not wandering around with a little black cloud over my head. We've been going out, seeing people and trying not to use the changing weather as an excuse to sit about, eat too much and do nothing. Autumn is absolutely the best time of year and the (very gradual) change of season has been a delight to watch.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home