Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Same as it ever was

I had a post all written up and ready to go about the family argument that broke out last week, but I figure that all you need to do is go back about three years or so here and read the posts relating to the event known as Tablegate. There isn't much point in posting about round two here, because it's almost identical.

Put it this way, there's not much chance of a game of football in no man's land this Christmas.

The season has started early with my work party last night. I'm tired and a little queasy today, but to be honest, that's how I feel most days. The days of me going out on a works do and ending up blotto are long gone. I pace myself carefully, watch what I say and leave before I disgrace myself. Not a bad philosophy to have, and one I wish I had employed earlier in my life.

Down through the years my relationship with The Booze has changed. It's gone from being my beloved partner in crime to an acquaintance that I'm ambivalent about seeing, because I have nothing left in common with it.

A pal once accused me of being a control freak for not getting drunk. I suppose that's a factor. But the over-riding thing that stops me from overdoing it is that I'll do anything to avoid vomiting.

Yes! Yet another emetophobe!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:38 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Re: the last two paragraphs - yes, yes, totally.

Re: Tablegate - I too have just had the traditional pre-Xmas family heated discussion. I'll call it I-don't-want-to-go-to-a-carvery-on-Xmas-Daygate.

 
At 9:33 am, Blogger deafdisco said...

a carvery - wow. i've never had a xmas lunch anywhere outside a house before. part of me wonders what it's like...but then again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home