Friday, January 15, 2010

The city's ripped backsides

I did try to write a blog post about the last decade just recently. I gave up. It's impossible. I suppose that the larger bits and bobs of my life for the last (getting on for) five years are captured here on this blog...although there needs to be some awareness that there are a lot of things that I either glossed over briefly, half-explained, or never spoke of.

Here's a quick thing.

A decade in numbers
Four jobs (five, if you count the part-time family history research one).
Two homes - urban drama near King's Cross station (the place that I like to think was the actual flat above a shop mentioned in this song); in the suburbs, in Ham.
Two great-nephews and a great-niece.
Two fabulous voyages to the United States of America (numerous voyages to the Continent).
One partner/husband.

That's ten years, in essence, yet it doesn't really do them justice. I'm aware that I blinked and missed bits of it. Perhaps I need to be less of a passenger in future.

Back to the present. Off out in town tonight for the first time this year for a drink and some fried food with DL and some of the other usual suspects. I'm looking forward to it. So another decade begins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home