Monday, February 01, 2010

Mucha muchacha

My love for Mexican food will probably result in an untimely death, perhaps from a surfeit of smoky black beans, or hardened arteries from skip-loads of quesadillas. JJ and I went back to Wahaca on Friday night for the fastest meal ever. Arrived at table, 5.25. Finished food and cocktail, 5.55. I should note that this was a petite dinner, by our standards.

On a related note, Mr Hall was ill on Friday, owing to what was described to us by Mrs Hall on Saturday evening as a "bad burrito". We both responded, in unison, "there is no such thing as a bad burrito". Mrs Hall went on to make us a delicious dinner (classic French, I should add, no guacamole in sight).

I still feel battered and sad from last weekend. I'm not sure what I can do to overcome this feeling. I am too dull to have any vices at all. Drinking bores me. I'm trying hard to limit my intake of food, so that I don't end up like the Goodyear blimp. I love strong coffee, but too much makes me jitter and jerk. Exercise is something I try to enjoy, but I am hard-wired to hate it. And there is absolutely no way that I am going to throw myself into my work. I can't imagine anything more pointless.

So that leaves me with thinking, which is the source of all my problems in the first place.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:50 pm, Blogger Rachel Stevenson said...

I think this is called being in one's 30s. It's sad, isn't it. Maybe we should start an opium den?

 
At 5:15 pm, Blogger red-handed said...

There's still plenty of ways to drive out thought. The only problem is that it has keys to the house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home