Friday, April 24, 2009

I was saved by old times

It would appear that this past week happened and it barely registered. I've been putting in one of my great shop-window dummy performances during the day, where on the surface I appear to be engaged, but in fact, my mind is several thousand miles away.

The US trip has really really taken hold of me. I am now two weeks away from flying out and it's the only thing that I can concentrate on: my mind is swimming with preparing, itineraries, plans. I'm aware that this probably makes me sound like some kind of sub-Hilton dunderhead, rather than a woman in her mid-thirties with half a brain.

Oh yes! I have remembered something that I did last week. I went out for DL's 40th birthday celebrations. DL himself was suffering from a really bad cold, so spent most of the time drinking hot whiskey. Yes - hot whiskey. He eventually admitted defeat and went home at about 9.30, leaving the rest of us to it (he had been in the pub since 12.30, so he did very well). It was a very pleasant evening.

Prior to that, I spent a couple of hours in Selfridges with Mrs Hall looking at expensive toiletries and clothes that we had no intention of buying. Those are usually the best kind of shopping trips: all of the fun, none of the stress.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:07 pm, Blogger Mr T said...

You should have a massive digital countdown clock bolted to the front of your desk...that explodes into a torrential downpour of streamers, party poppers, confetti and a ginormous Stars and Stripes that covers the office.

And it plays 'Born in the USA' on a loop.

Just a suggestion.

 
At 2:41 pm, Blogger deafdisco said...

i've taken to mentioning my holiday every 15 minutes, like a parrot that has just learned to talk. i am becoming so irritating that everyone i work with is looking forward to me getting the hell out of the country. feels great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home