Monday, March 23, 2009

Tomorrow is already here

This weekend was a veritable feast of friends. We had visits from two folk, toocool and TL. We saw toocool not once, but twice, which was bloody great. As someone who lives in her head quite a lot - I just edited that from "occasionally" - I sometimes need reminding that being solipsistic doesn't help. Hell isn't other people.

I got to talking about friends with both of my visitors this weekend, mainly about how it's funny who you lose and who you keep. Facebook has helped me, marginally, but hasn't been good for everyone. Some people you are meant to lose; some you might not want to lose, but you do anyway; some you have to lose. That's the way things go and it's no bad thing...

I drank some wine and some brandies, laughed a lot, felt really cheerful, did a bit of work on the allotment, and enjoyed the sun. Plus, I listened to the amazing and rare artifact Denim Take Over, which is absolutely brilliant. Its like, da da da, we're a novelty band...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:04 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

It was so good to see you too! Coming round twice made me feel like we could just pop round to see each other for a moment whenever we like - ah, that would be REALLY good!

 
At 3:13 pm, Blogger deafdisco said...

when we are back from the US we can come to you and bore you with many photos! hooray!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home