Tuesday, March 10, 2009

We must repeat (OK LET'S GO!)

I have almost returned to the land of the living from a half-life that was a heavy cold. This started the weekend before last, but decided to emerge once more last Wednesday, turning me into a sniffling, feverish, sleepy dolt. As I've not been ill for a while, it was a bit of a shock.

It wasn't all bad. I caught up with some stuff I'd been hoarding on the DVR (30 Rock, Mad Men etc) and did some top staring out of the window.

Prior to getting ill, the swimming went well, if slightly less well than it could have done owing to a blocked nose, which made breathing underwater slightly more difficult than usual. Off to my class again tonight and I think it's going to be the same thing once more.

On Sunday we had DL and the Bell round for lunch. A shoulder of lamb, a banoffee pie, four bottles of wine and some brandies later, we set the world to rights. It's certainly cheaper and more fun than psychotherapy, even if it does give you a hangover the day after.

I am half-enjoying the Twitter phenomenon. I enjoy reading posts by the people who are being followed by the people I'm following almost better than following them, if you get me? I am already finding myself whizzing past Stephen Fry's posts. He is a national treasure but I am beginning to find him annoyingly chipper. Give me misery every time.

This week, it's culture ahoy, but I don't want to ruin a possibly gorgeous, review-heavy next post by giving too much away.

[Who the fuck do I think I am, Dickens?]

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home