Friday, April 03, 2009

I wear the clothes that make you cry

Today is my last day at work for ten days. To say I'm looking forward to the break is an understatement. It also appears that my hayfever is back with a bleedin' vengeance, perhaps some time away will help this (unlikely, but I can dream).

Also - I am having my hair dyed this evening, which I always look forward to.

I'm a late convert to hair colouring. Having had dark brown hair since I was small, it was a shock when I started to go properly grey a couple of years ago (although I had been in possession of a Mallon streak since I was 18 or so, a Morticia Addams-style stripe at the back of my head.). I put off using dye, because I was concerned about the toxins it might introduce into my body. So I tried henna, which was a horrifying experience that will never be repeated. Put it this way: I will never wear something on my head that makes me gag in the name of vanity again.

Following this, all green credentials flew out of the window, and off to the salon I trotted. Sure, it is expensive, but I'd rather pay someone than have JJ as my personal Nicky Clarke, swearing and shouting like a man possessed as dye runs down my face and coats every surface in our bathroom.

I offset the expense of my hair by wearing some quite shabby clothing. This works out quite well for me. I'm not good at dressing smart, although I do scrub up relatively well when I need to. Now that the recession is here I am thinking of putting at least one smart item of clothing on eBay, so I can make money to buy more shabby clothing. Result.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home