Tuesday, October 14, 2008

See me in me heels an ting

The best kind of weekends are ones that are filled with friends.

On Saturday we went to Mr Hackney Globetrotter's 40th birthday party. Our mates C & A were there with their baby Theo, who was gorgeous. We left at quarter to midnight, owing to being knackered, and the place was just getting going. There were three bands playing and we managed to catch one, Top Cats, who are a ska outfit. They were great. I have loved ska since I was a young un so it put a big smile on my face. HG himself was having a great time and the place was packed full of interesting people (he knows everyone and he seems to be genuinely loved by the various cross-sections of the London clubbing fraternity).

JJ spent a lot of time having his hand shaken by people he used to go dancing with at the Belvedere in the 80s (this was before there was a clubbing culture in London per se). I sometimes forget that JJ spent his formative years going out on a weeknight and observing things like the rare groove scene and acid house happening before his eyes.

Sunday was very pleasant. Mr and Mrs Hall came over for a spot of lunch and a walk in the autumn (summer?) sunshine. We wowed them with the wondrous knitted wine bottle cover and I made the largest apple and blackcurrant crumble ever. It was delish.

I found this today and it made me laugh - a cartoon featuring Sarah Silverman's "gaybours" Steve and Brian.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home