Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Everything went dark...

Hey kids, it's my 199th post! Woo!

Bank Holiday Weekend was a bit of an odd one. JJ's grandmother died, so arrangements were made for him to go to Ireland to the funeral. Saturday was set aside for fun...until a blocked sink drain spoiled the party. Instead of having fun, we waited in all day for the leading drain cleaning company in the UK and paid them a pile of money. Crap.

So I've been mostly here, trying to tidy the flat up for the family visit, lounging about and watching DVDs. One thing I did spend some time with was Snuff Box, a recent BBC3 show by Rich Fulcher and Matt Berry.

I can imagine many young Mighty Boosh fans buying this DVD and having the shit scared out of them. It's peculiar and risque. Parts of it I found uproariously funny, and parts quite uncomfortable; some episodes hung together well, and others didn't. As you might expect, there was some extremely creative filth and swearing from the American gentleman. [Just what is it exactly about Rich Fulcher? He never disappoints. He is simply as funny as hell.]

I'm gonna link to a short sketch here, but please don't consider this to be representative. I'd advise you to take a look at this as a series as a complete thing. It's possible you'll be as bamboozled as I was. Whisk-ey!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home