Friday, September 12, 2008

…now let’s have some fun!

Soundtrack: MGMT

Autumn’s here with a vengeance. While I like this time of year enormously, it tends to be better after we’ve had some hot, summery weather. The rain and drabness has been bringing my mood down. This weekend I struggled to do anything of import, instead finding myself glued to the sofa, staring balefully out of the window at the grey sky.

When I was a little girl, I used to do that for hours on at a time. I’d see an outline of a shape in the branches of a tree, and that would start me off: the only thing that would snap me out of my trance was one of my parents waving a hand in front of my face. It’s fair to say that I had a vivid internal life back then. To some extent, I still do.

I was also off work one day this week with what I can only describe as an attack of the sleepy boredoms.

Some things have happened:

- I bought tickets to see both Fujiya and Miyagi and Duke Spirit later this month. I'm looking forward to seeing both bands immensely.
- JJ came home with a PVR (hard drive TV recorder) on Friday night. The first thing I watched on this marvellous new box of tricks? The Mighty Boosh Band’s embarrassing performance of Eels on the Jonathan Ross show. Shoot me now, it was fucking awful. I think they may have reached critical mass (Fulcher, get out and save yourself!).
- I caved in and joined the dreaded OffYerFace Book, with a semi-assumed name. So far it’s alright and I am enjoying connecting up to some people I haven’t seen in a while. One in particular has I lost contact with about ten years ago and I'm so pleased to have found him...

It's become apparent that I've been sleepwalking along for weeks now. It's never been more apparent then when I've been contacting friends on FB and they've been asking me what I've been up to...the answer to that is, of course, naff all. Got to start living again...can't continue to just amble along like this. Need to start LIVING.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home